Born: 7th of May 1978 in
Permanent address: Temporary address:
Czech Republic UK
Tel/GSM: +44 777 620 7863 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Nokia S60 platform integration, development
· Symbian OS communication engine development
· AT commands based communication ( see 3GPP TS 27.007 )
· 3G-324m Video Telephony integration
· Inteprocessor communication protocol
· Commitment for the team
· Solid Mathematic background
September 2007 – present –
· Symbian integration Consultant at Samsung Electronics Research Institute
· System wide integration of the Symbian base S60 phones
· TI multimedia integration
· Telephony integration
· Baseport integration
January 2006 – July 2007 –
Symbian Telephony Consultant at
· Design and development of inter-processor communication protocol for GSM/3G modem
· Nokia S60 3G-324m Video telephony integration
· 3G-324m video telephony channel validation tool
· Nokia S60 Video Streaming development and integration
· Design and development of Nokia S60 layered TSY
· ASN.1 based Layer 3 interface prototyping
June 2002 – December 2005 -
· Software Specialist at SysopenDigia
· Architecture, design and development of Communication engine for Nokia S60 platform
· Development of the Nokia S60 UI component
· Performance optimization of Nokia S60 components
May 2001 – May 2002 –
· University internship in SysopenDigia
· Prototyping of the PDCMCIA WLAN card device driver for Symbian OS 6.1
· University project: communication software of the control unit of the combustion engine.
2006–2007: Texas Instruments
2007: Design and development of inter-processor communication protocol
I developed inter processor communication protocol between High level OS and GSM/3G modem entities. Protocol was developed on top of the existing solution which was not suitable for the data bandwidth of 3G HSDPA capable modem. Developed communication entity is part of the GSM/3G modem protocol stack. It provides to protocol stack entities way to communicate with High Level OS, which can be running on same or different processor. During development, stress was put on the simplicity and performance of the solution which was tailored to the real time environment of the GSM/3G modem.
2006/2007: Nokia S60 3G-324m Video telephony integration
I did a study of Nokia S60 video telephony architecture. I reverse engineered the H.223 and H.245 protocols used by 3G – 324m video telephony packets which were captured from real 3G video telephony capable phones using protocol tester. Purpose of this was to develop validation tool for 3G 324m video telephony channel. Validation tool was developed on top of the Symbian OS 9.2. Developed tool was featuring necessary H.223 and H.245 protocol implementation for 3G 324m channel handling, in order to set up successfully video telephony channel, which was then run on loop-back mode.
2006: Nokia S60 Video Streaming development and integration
I implemented Packed Switched data network adapter for Symbian OS. With integrated network structure of Symbian OS, I was integrating Nokia S60 Video Streaming over GPRS and UMTS.
2006: Design and development of Nokia S60 layered TSY
I was working in the small team which was prototyping layered Nokia S60 licensee TSY for Texas Instruments OMAP platform. Communication between High level OS and GSM/3G modem was AT command based. (see GPP TS 27.007). My responsibility was mainly design and development of call handling, SIM card phone book, and packet data connection handling.
2006: ASN.1 based Layer 3 interface prototyping
I prototyped ASN.1 based interface to communicate with GSM/3G modem. Prototyped interface was encrypting and decrypting messages to and from GSM/3G modem. Scheme used to encoding messages was ASN.1.
2002 – 2005: SysopenDigia
2005: Performance optimization of Nokia S60 components
I was responsible for support of communication engine’s clients inside the Nokia S60 ecosystem. As part of the support I consulted with the clients’ optimization of the performance. For this purpose I debugged various Nokia S60 UI components in order to locate performance issues and to help with their solutions.
2005: Development of the Nokia S60 UI component
I developed Nokia S60 UI component as part of the client support of the communication engine.
2002 – 2005: Architecture, design and development of Nokia S60 Presence Engine
I was part of the team which was
developing Symbian OS based communication engine to provide
My role in the team was overall architecture of the communication Engine, prototyping of engine’s API towards its clients, as well as implementation of several components of the engine itself.
My specialization was design and development of the Symbian OS client-servers, such as communication and storage servers. Both developed server were designed and developed to be used by several clients concurrently with stress to performance of the whole engine, particularly performance of the storage system was crucial and was utilizing several techniques to improve performance, such a data caching.
Another component I was responsible foe was server based contact lists handling, or transport layer to communicate with the network server. All communication with the network server was realized by XML packages.
2001-2002: Prototyping of the PDCMCIA WLAN card device driver for Symbian OS 6.1
I was doing study on device driver development for Symbian OS and its differences compare to device driver development for Windows OS. Focus was on the WLAN card device driver development. Part of the work was reverse engineering of the existing Symbian OS device drivers for PCMCIA LAN cards for reference purposes. As part of the project, was written my diploma thesis, which main topic was how to write device drivers for Symbian OS, with the focus on WLAN card device driver development.
· driving licenses: A, B, C, E, T
· 2000 – 2002:
Graduated with degree of Master of Science
Topic of diploma thesis:
Device Driver development for Symbian OS
· 2001 February:
· 1996 – 2000:
Major: Technical Cybernetics
· 1993 – 1996: Secondary Technical
Major: Automation technique
Graduated with honor
· 1988 – 1993 Mathematical basic school in
· Czech mother tongue
· English fluent
· French conversational
· Telecommunication, Mobile communication, Modern Electronics, Multimedia, Artificial, Intelligence, Car Electronics, Audio Video.
· Football, basketball, floorball, squash, skiing, swimming, skating, cycling, go-kart, cars, motorbikes, music, movies.
· 1995: 1st place in regional physical Olympiad
· 1992: 3rd place in regional chemical Olympiad
· 1990,1991,1992: 1st place in regional mathematical Olympiad